This week, we’re asking this: What has been the greatest heel turn in women’s wrestling history? We’ve read your responses on our social media pages and picked some of the best submissions to highlight here on the website. As always, you can join the debate by leaving your comments!
- @1luis8: Melina, when she slapped Natalya. It was like “old Melina is back!”
- Adrián K. Flores: Michelle McCool attacking a very face and loved Maria Kanellis after losing the Divas Championship was the best angle in my opinion.
- @BeliEvePL: Definitely Eve Torres‘s. I don’t think anyone was expecting it. And she was a great heel!
- Brandon Tyler Henderson: Molly Holly, when she came out of nowhere after a Lingerie Paddle on the Pole match on Raw between Trish Stratus and Terri Runnels and proceeded to crack Trish in the head with the paddle. She literally BROKE the paddle on her head. Haven’t seen a heel turn that hardcore since in WWE honestly.
- Brian Anthony: Mickie James‘s TNA heel turn, when she won the Knockouts Title from Velvet Sky. She barely scratched the surface with that heel persona before leaving the company, but it was a brilliant character and really refreshing for someone who was a face for so long.
- @KurtiusMaximus: Victoria‘s bikini massacre where she destroyed Christy Hemme with her Widow’s Peak.
- @LT_Mizzou19: Nikki Bella‘s heel turn on Brie at SummerSlam was iconic and set the road to Nikki becoming the longest reigning Divas Champ.
- Martin Rioux: I’m going old school on this one and I’m going to say The Fabulous Moolah. The first time I saw her wrestle in the mid 80’s, I just hated her so much. She just had something about the way she acted that made people hate her. I also have to give two honorable mentions to Sherri Martel and Trish Stratus.
- @melinarp13: Layla betrayed Kaitlyn! Layla had that evil smile like she planned it! It was amazing!!
- @MichaelFarrer92: Lita. Based on real events, had never been a heel before then and she ran with it. She became the most hated person on the roster.
- Michael Earl Pam: I’m going to go old school as well. Madusa was forced to face Mona in an Evening Gown match and Madusa didn’t like it one bit! That was a great heel turn for Madusa! Another great heel turn when Michelle McCool lost the Divas title to Maryse and attacked Maria and blamed her for the lost. But my all time favorite heel turn has to be when Victoria took out all the girls and gave Christy Hemme the Widow’s Peak. WWE needs to bring back the swimsuit competition.
- @RoamOh: Trish’s turn on Chris Jericho at WrestleMania with that epic slap!
- @themib: I liked Mickie’s turn on Trish at Saturday Night’s Main Event, it got the slow build and paid off nicely.
- @YanezWWE: it would be Naomi. I never thought in a million years she would turn heel. Attacking Paige in her home country.
And now we turn it over to you…
Give us your two cents! What has been your favorite heel turn?