Now that WWE’s other mainstay PPV, SummerSlam, has come to a close it’s time for speculation as to what the rest of the year holds for the women’s division. With Evolution coming up in October, the rumor mill is working overtime to plant the seeds for our next feuds, title defenses, and more.
Here’s the latest speculation:
- While there are still other options on the table, Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE is considering main eventing Evolution with Ronda Rousey vs. Nikki Bella. The idea is to headline with their two biggest mainstream stars.
- On Observer Radio, backstage plans for turning Asuka heel were also discussed.
- When talking to PW Insider and Newsweek, Nia Jax denied previous reports that she’s dealing with an injury. She is undergoing some physical therapy, however.
- According to WrestlingInc, it looks like former WWE Women’s Champion Michelle McCool will also be returning to the ring for Evolution. A graphic for McCool’s Evolution appearance was shown on screens at the Barclays Center last night before the WWE NXT “Takeover: Brooklyn IV” event, PWInsider noted.
- Sasha Banks and Bayley have been teaming up in recent weeks, even hinting at how they’re going to take over a burgeoning tag division. Fans are speculating that the next chapter in their “will they or won’t they” saga will involve the reintroduced Women’s Tag Titles.
- RingsideNews is reporting that Sasha Banks and Bayley will team up against Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler.
What do you think of these reports? Is there a rumor or speculation you’ve heard that isn’t listed yet? What would you like to see next? Sound off in the comments below.