This past weekend (September 8th & 9th), Emmy Awards were distributed during the Creative Arts Emmy Awards in two ceremonies in Los Angeles, leading up to next week’s 70th Primetime Emmy Awards.
After receiving several Emmy nominations over the summer, Netflix’s hit GLOW series walked away with two Creative Emmy Awards for the following categories:
- Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Program (Half-Hour or Less) – Season 1, Episode 4 – The Dusty Spur
- Outstanding Stunt Coordinator for a Comedy Series/Variety Program
With the win under the Outstanding Stunt Coordinator for a Comedy Series/Variety Program category, the show Stunt Coordinator Shauna Duggins made history as she became the first woman to receive this award:
— Television Academy (@TelevisionAcad) September 9, 2018
SO INSANELY PROUD of #ShaunaDuggins for being the FIRST WOMAN to receive this award! She has doubled every movie star under the sun & taught the fifteen of us to be athletes in .2 seconds. She taught me how to be physically brave. And she's a mom. And she's perfect. https://t.co/a009cNU9H4
— Betty Gilpin (@bettygilpin) September 9, 2018
The show is also up for Primetime Emmy nominations for the following categories:
- Outstanding Comedy Series
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series – Betty Gilpin
- Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series – Pilot
Netflix’s GLOW has already been renewed for a third season.
Congratulations to GLOW for all their continued success!
Have you been enjoying Netflix’s GLOW series so far?