Tonight, WWE will induct former Women’s Champion, Wendi Richter into the WWE Hall of Fame. Wendi will become just the fourth woman to receive this prestigious honour. We will have live updates from inside the Dodge Theater courtesy of correspondent, David. Stay tuned throughout the night for updates.
* Wendi Richter is being inducted now by ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper. There was a great video package played beforehand.
* Piper says he had a crush on Wendi. She was very gracious in and out of the ring, very good to the fans. She was a real ‘lady’. He called her the Sandra Bullock of wrestling. He says she was 160lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal.
* Wendi comes out and opens her speech saying: “It’s about damn time!” She says that a match between The Fabulous Moolah and Vivian St. Johns in Shreveport, LA got her into wrestling.
* Wendi says the first match she ever had in Japan, the girl knocked the breath out of her six times. She knew then she had to change her style so she blended the Japan style with the US style and became a rough babyface.
* She thanks Cyndi Lauper for really launching her career. She said tonight makes her feel like she has respect which is all she wanted.
* She said: “Did you all know there is a place where you can touch a woman to make her feel special? Her heart!”
* Last words: “Girls just want to have fun!”
* Eve & Kelly are bringing the HOF inductees to the podium. On a scale of 1-10, they each look like a 45. Holy moly!!!
A big thank you to David for his updates! He will be sending pictures of the induction tomorrow.
The Hall of Fame ceremony will air in edited form on USA Network tonight at 11pm ET. Unfortunately, Wendi’s induction won’t be part of the broadcast but I’m sure they’ll show her in some fashion. For the full induction, you will need to pick up the WrestleMania 26 DVD in a few months time.
EDIT: Click here to see pictures of Wendi’s induction at WWE.com.