Diva Dirt presents live coverage of SHINE 18, airing tonight on iPPV.
The main event sees Ivelisse defend her SHINE Championship against Saraya Knight, while plum ties of the undercard include SHINE Tag Team Champions Leva Bates and Mia Yim putting their titles on the line against the Antipodean duo of Madison Eagles and Evie, while Jessicka Havok and Allysin Kay continue their feud in an Ybor City Street Fight.
SHINE 18 comes to us live from the Orpheum in Ybor City, Florida at 9pm ET (2am GMT). To order the event, click here.
Live results will appear below.
- Kellie Skater defeated Kay Lee Ray, Justine Silver and Kimberly in a four-way match. This was a really enjoyable, frenetic bout to start of proceedings, with some fun spots throughout. Justine Silver looked great on her SHINE debut. Skater got the win with an International Incident on Silver.
After the match, Skater gets the microphone and calls out Lexie Fyfe. She says that due to Madison Eagles’ injury she should replace her as Evie’s tag team partner later tonight, and Fyfe accepts.
- Tracy Taylor defeated Amber O’Neal. Su Yung accompanied Taylor at ringside. This was another great match, with both women showing plenty of aggression in their offense. Taylor won the match with a Soul Food.
- Shanna defeated La Rosa Negra. The crowd are really into the show tonight, which is surprising because the Orpheum usually seems dead, at least to me as an iPPV viewer. It’s helping the matches shedloads too, and this was a corker, starting off high-paced and continuing in that vein, culminating in a host of near-falls and a Dragon Suplex from Shanna to Rosa for the win. Superb match.
- Su Yung defeated Rhia O’Reilly. This didn’t start off too well but gradually descended into a very good match. About halfway throught, Saraya Knight came out at ringside, paying close attention to both women. After Yung made O’Reilly tap out to Yellow Fever, Saraya attacked Yung, and she and O’Reilly dragged Yung to the back.
- Leva Bates and Mia Yim defeat Evie and Kellie Skater to retain the SHINE Tag Team Championships. The only word that can describe that match is “kick-tastic”, particularly the parts involving Yim and Evie. An awesome match, which ended with a Superhero Kick to Evie by Leva, followed by a package piledriver from Yim.
- Amazing Kong defeated Nikki Storm. Storm played her character to a tee as usual, being a cowardly and impertinent heel, going after Kong’s hair and trying to grab sneaky advantages. However, Kong’s sheer brute strength was too much, and Storm fell victim to the Implant Buster and a three-count reasonably early on. A good match, but I can’t help but feel Storm was booked a bit too weakly.
- Serena Deeb defeated Mercedes Martinez. Another great match, with strikes galore. Martinez had the match in the bag numerous times but for Deeb’s Valkyrie comrade April Hunter, who put Deeb’s foot on the ropes after a rope-hung neckbreaker from Martinez and dragged the referee out of the ring before Martinez could finish pinning Deeb following the Fisherman Buster. In the end, Deeb hit a spear on a distracted Martinez, and Hunter moved Martinez’s foot off the ropes allowing the three-count to stand.
- Jessicka Havok and Allysin Kay’s Ybor City Street Fight ends in a no contest(?). Well this was odd. The match itself was brutal, with both women going all over the place, including outside on the street, and taking some sickening bumps. It ended abruptly, however, when Havok was hit by a car in the car park, which Allysin Kay then got in the passenger seat of and drove off. I suppose that’s a no contest, and that this feud is far from over yet.
- Ivelisse defeated Saraya Knight to retain the SHINE Championship. This was shorter than you’d expect from a main event title match, but achieved more than enough in that time. With plenty of stiff strikes and Saraya being the brilliant heel she always is, this was an excellent match. Ivelisse picked up the win with a Disdain.
After the match, Valkyrie appear and attack Ivelisse. They’re accompanied by Su Yung, wearing different, darker attire than usual and with a glazed look on her face. Serena Deeb tells Ivelisse that she will bring the SHINE Championship back to the new Valkyrie, and looks around at the faces standing in the ring as the show fades out.
That’s all for tonight! Stay tuned for a full review!