This week, we’re asking this: Do T&A matches belong in women’s wrestling today? We’ve read your responses on our social media pages and picked some of the best submissions to highlight here on the website. As always, you can join the debate by leaving your comments!
- Albie Gayagoy: Let’s be honest, the majority of women’s wrestling fans are gay males. I think I speak for all of us when I say I watch female wrestling matches for their in-ring talents and grappling abilities.
- @Big_Thor_Dawg: No.. it’s not the way to showcase talent. Throw em in a cell or Falls Count Anywhere. Let’s see what they do.
- @ChickfightsRock: NO. The best way to support and promote female wrestling is to let the ladies be in the same type of matches as men.
- @DaRefScottGrady: Haven’t they run their course? “Hey, we’ll see you in your underwear…like we have in the pictures for the company’s website.”
- Jon Vega: Honestly no, because it’s not real wrestling, but these matches do help get women over in the company so I’m OK with it.
- Josh Hettinger: I don’t care for it, but a little more sex appeal may get certain groups more invested in the divas. For example if Lana was to pull a Debra on the apron or like how Lita would take her shirt off when she got fired up.. little things like that. Ripping each others clothes off I’d say a no.
- @LoboMatt: My gut says no but the peak of the Divas was when there was difference between Lita/Trish Stratus and Marlena/Debra.
- @MaryAnn25L: Definitely not. How can we expect to have the women seen as equals to the men if they’re degrading themselves?
- @pikatrick: We’ve got a great group of women that don’t need to be over exposed. Maybe the odd B&P here and there, but that’s it.
- Randi Parker: No, women have come so far from being just sex symbols to being recognized as athletes!
- @Royal_TRP: I believe there’s a time and place for it. If you’re trying to brand your women as serious competitors then they’re not needed.
- Sammie Nuriko: In mainstream wrestling, yes. After all, they just want ratings. For everyone screaming that they want real women’s wrestling, go buy a few SHIMMER DVDs. Looking for real women’s wrestling in places like the WWE is silly.
- @sfelarca: Yes, but used in the same way as tuxedos matches, sparingly and normally between non-wrestlers.
- @TheVertebreaker: Eh, why not? Today’s Divas division need something. It’s pro wrestling, not about being “legitimate”. Sex still sells.
- @Whitney5798: No. Women should be portrayed as strong role models that girls can look up to, not as eye-candy to lonely adult males.
And now we turn it over to you…
Give us your two cents! Do T&A matches belong in women’s wrestling?