This week, we’re asking this: What is or has been the greatest ring gear in women’s wrestling? We’ve read your responses on our social media pages and picked some of the best submissions to highlight here on the website. As always, you can join the debate by leaving your comments!
- @96Dabanana: I love Nikki Bella‘s gear, its different and really highlights her athletic past!
- @aaldomdp: Trish Stratus‘s WrestleMania gear against Christy Hemme or the white one she used in her last match.
- Adrian Flores Kanellis: In my opinion they have to be Maryse, because of all of her sexy and catchy attires such as the colors that she used, and Maria Kanellis for designing a lot of what she wore, risky and classy.
- Alfie Gayagoy: I always thought when Natalya used to wear her Bret Hart-inspired leather jackets to the ring it was classy and admirable as it brought back many fond memories of The Hart Foundation.
- @AMJ93NUFC: Paige. It doesn’t need to be flashy or brightly coloured and shows that she’s not a Diva, she’s a wrestler.
- @ATweetFromScout: AJ Lee, purely for the Converse.
- @bachatero77: My vote has to go to the sensational Sherri Mattel in the 80s. More recently, the one and only Sarita.
- @CruzJullian: Hands down, Melina. No one has topped anything she has worn!
- @GildingToxic: Maryse! Every piece of gear she had looked amazing.
- @ItsCAViT: Tara‘s spider outfits. I’m in love with it.
- @Jei_Rahne: I personally loved Kaitlyn‘s gear when she started wearing regular clothes. She looked like a total badass!
- Joseph Roberson: I have to go with Akira Hokuto. Both her entrance and ring gear were outstanding. The kimonos. The wigs. The masks. She had an incredible presence.
- Matthew Hollie: Cheerleader Melissa‘s Matthew Paul Robinson designs are completely awesome in my opinion. Makes her look good.
- Michael Burmeister: Let’s take a moment to salute Aksana and Maxine‘s ol’ ring gear. They proved that often times the one-piece is even more attractive than the two-piece!
- @NattieArmy: Nattie! I love her heart gear! Her new gear is perfect too!
- @NyLegionofboom: I would say Santana Garrett has by far some of the coolest and creative ring gear ever in women’s wrestling.
- @supportingeve: Eve Torres‘s gear, especially when she turned heel. Her attires were Wonder Woman physique type.
- @xbestintheworld: Candice Michelle with those circles in her tights in 2007. Especially the pink one with the white wings on the back.
And now we turn it over to you…
Give us your two cents! Who has/had your favorite ring gear?