Each Friday, The Wrap will wrap up the week in women’s wrestling by compiling the week’s smaller news stories, rumors and gossip – anything not normally covered by Diva Dirt. Got a tip for next week? Send it in.
Here’s this week’s roundup, in no particular order:
* The WWE has confirmed Orlando, Florida as the site for WrestleMania 33. (WWE.com)
* TNA has announced its return to the Universal Studios next week for a series of TV tapings. (Wrestling Inc)
* Sara Lee wrestled her first live event singles match against Aliyah last Friday. A report noted that, though she interacted with the fans well, she still needs a lot of work in the ring. (Wrestling Inc)
* Carmella recently spoke to Fansided about transitioning from managing to wrestling, winning the NXT Women’s Title and more. (Fansided)
* According to a new report, the WWE is set to take over the NBA City restaurant at Universal City Walk in Orlando, Florida as a potential restaurant/physical Hall of Fame, though that rumor may have been debunked by the Orlando Business Journal. (AM2, Orlando Business Journal)