This week, we’re asking this: With a Mixed Tag Team match pitting AJ Lee and Big E. Langston against Kaitlyn and Dolph Ziggler set for this Sunday at SummerSlam, we want to know: what’s your favorite intergender match from wrestling history? We’ve read your responses on our social media pages and picked some of the best submissions to highlight here on the website. As always, you can join the debate by leaving your comments!
* @_EricHolt_: Maria Kanellis vs. Santino. I loved it when all the Divas came out and attacked Santino to help Maria win. He deserved it! [WATCH]
* Josue Guzman: Stephanie McMahon vs. Vince McMahon in an “I Quit” Match! One of the last in ring matches coming from Stephanie McMahon was just so memorable. The controversy, the story telling of a broken relationship between father and daughter, the physical abuse Stephanie had to endure, the crowd getting behind Stephanie as she fought off her father and even the the addition of Sable and Linda McMahon at ringside made this intergender match gold. [WATCH]
* Lindsay Shields: Trish and Lita vs. Christian and Chris Jericho. Brilliant story telling and didn’t make the women look weak at all. [WATCH]
* Noah Malone: The Rock and Trish Stratus vs. Kurt Angle and Vince McMahon. No match made you back a Diva more than that one. [WATCH]
* Oliver James Mcgregor: My personal favorite has to be from Fully Loaded 2000: Team Xtreme (Matt & Jeff Hardy & Lita) vs T&A (Test, Albert & Trish Stratus). Back in the attitude era where the men & women were still allowed to mix it up with each other. The crowd so desperately wanted to see Lita get her hands on that witch (Trish) & get revenge for putting her through a table from the top of the ladder. The men put on an exceptional showing, but it was the girls that got the huge pops & the crowd just ate it up… Still to this day one of my all time favorite matches! [WATCH]
* @the_jock_nerd: My personal favorite is the classic Sable and Edge vs. Jacqueline and Marc Mero at SummerSlam!! [WATCH]
* @TheSteveStratus: Well the best choice is the Lita & The Rock vs. Trish Stratus & Triple H match from Raw. [WATCH]
* Ti Eucliffe: Abyss and Taylor Wilde vs. Daffney and Raven. The Monsters Ball match at Slammiversary. Do I really need to say anything? That match rocks and it was probably the best match of the PPV. [WATCH]
And now we turn it over to you…
What are your two cents on the debate? What is your favorite intergender match from wrestling history?