- Total Divas
It’s that time of year again when the Diva Dirt team compiles our annual wishes and predictions for women’s wrestling in the year ahead.
* Sara Del Rey to appear on on WWE TV. Yes, we wished for that last year, but appearing in the background on Total Divas doesn’t count.
* John Cena proposes to Nikki Bella. We know you’re building towards it, Total Divas.
* A major push for Summer Rae. Making her a punch line doesn’t count.
* Renee Young commentating a Raw, SmackDown or PPV. By the end of the year, she’ll be more than ready to graduate from NXT.
* Alicia Fox to be added to the Total Divas cast. She’s certainly had enough cameos!
* Tara to get a job with the WWE behind the scenes. Trainer? Agent? We don’t care, as long as she is influencing the next generation of Divas.
* SHIMMER to air another live iPPV. It’s the future, after all.
* A Divas Title match at WrestleMania. After last year, the WWE owes Diva fans big time.
* More Knockouts matches on Xplosion. WWE Main Event and Superstars have been nice platforms for the Divas, and the Knockouts deserve the same opportunities.
* Brie and Daniel Bryan to team up in a Mixed Tag Team match. We want to see some tandem “Yes!” poses.
* Lita to be inducted in the WWE Hall of Fame. Though we think our Hall of Fame prediction (see below) is more likely.
* Layla retires. The WWE hasn’t been releasing too many people lately, but we think Layla’s contract may be running out. We’ll sure she’ll be flawless in retirement.
* Taryn Terrell returns to TNA. With all the roster cuts, it’s surprising she stayed on with her pregnancy. We see her returning a few months after giving birth to dominate the Knockouts division.
* Brie and Nikki Bella will break up (again). It’s been teased forever, but the girls have to split at some point. With Total Divas becoming more popular, a split may get the show some more mainstream media attention.
* A first time Divas Champion will be crowned. 2013 saw Kaitlyn and AJ Lee hold the belt for the first time. We have a feeling another Diva will hold the belt for the first time in 2014, but who will it be: Naomi? Summer Rae? Eva Marie?
* Paige will debut on the main roster. It’s about time she gets called up. Don’t be surprised to see Paige come in with a huge push. We’re guessing it will happen some time after WrestleMania, allowing her to gain popularity over the summer.
* Stephanie McMahon will wrestle. With her new contract listing her as a wrestler, we have a feeling she will be dusting off her wrestling boots to compete in the ring with a current Diva.
* A former Diva will return to WWE. This may be a long shot, but with the returns of Batista, RVD and other past stars, it looks like WWE may be reaching to their alumni. We think we might see Mickie James or another Diva back in the WWE before long.
* Eva Marie will appear on a magazine cover. Eva has been gaining popularity, and has finally begun to show some character. Look for her to grace the cover of Maxim or another magazine this year to help propel her into major storylines.
* Sable will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. It’s hard for us to picture the WWE inducting more current Divas before honoring Sable.
* Total Divas will be renewed for a third season. Kardashians or no Kardashians, the ratings will remain steady.
* Emma will win the NXT Women’s Championship. With Paige inevitably heading the the main roster first, Emma is best poised to take the spot at the top.
What are you wishing and predicting for 2014?