The former WWF Women’s Champion held her retirement show earlier today (January 8th) to mark her 44th birthday.
Nakano unofficially retired in 1996 due to injuries, but has never had an official retirement. After leaving wrestling, she tried her hand at becoming a golfer and opened a restaurant. Last year she dropped down to 130lbs and got married.
Nakano’s retirement show took place at the Tokyo Dome City Hall in front of a crowd of 3000, reports PuroresuSpirit.com.
Results from the show below via PuroresuSpirit.com:
* Ayako Hamada def. Aja Kong with the AP Cross at the 15:14 minute mark.
* Bull Hirota (Sakura Hirota) won a battle royal at the 24:26 minute mark.
* Shinjiro Otani, Ikuto Hidaka & Daichi Hashimoto def. Hakushi, Osamu Nishimura & Super Delfin at the 11:51 minute mark. Otani pinned Delfin after a spiral bomb.
* Kayoko Haruyama & Ryo Mizunami def. AKINO & Maki Narumiya at the 13:34 minute mark. Mizunami won with a diving guillotine drop on Nrumiya.
* Dump Matsumoto, Kyoko Inoue, Leon, Sawako Shimono & Tsukushi def. Jaguar Yokota, Manami Toyota, Tomoka Nakagawa, Natsuki Taiyo & Cherry at the 16:15 minute mark. Inoue won with a powerbomb on Cherry.
* Kana def. Kagetsu with a chicken wing face lock at the 11:23 minute mark.
* Nanae Takahashi, Meiko Satomura & Emi Sakura def. Ayumi Kurihara, Yoshiko & Tsukasa Fujimoto at the 21:41 minute mark. Sakura won with a Nyann Nyann Press from the top on Fujimoto.
* Yuzuki Aikawa def. Hikaru Shida at the 15:11 minute mark with a Yazupon Kick Red.
The website reports that Nakano closed the show as follows:
Nakano had a 3 part retirement match which saw her recreating classic moments from her career against Shinobu Kandori and even Aja Kong. Following this lead to her proper retirement ceremony where they showed pictures/highlights throughout her career. Then it all came to a close when here husband Daisuke Aoki came out to the ring.
Happy birthday and happy retirement to the legendary Bull!
Image: @RceKnaO on Twitter