We’ve hit the one week mark until WWE’s biggest event of the year, WrestleMania. Rumors are flying as to what fans can expect post-WrestleMania. Here’s a roundup of the latest speculation:
- PWMania is reporting another small draft will take place with some call ups from NXT. Among those names are Nikki Cross (with Sanity), Billie Kay and Peyton Royce, and possibly Zelina Vega (with Andrade Cien Almas).
- Another call up rumor that surfaced mentions Ember Moon. According to this twitter post she’s not being advertised for upcoming summer shows with the assumption that she’ll be called to Raw or SmackDown.
- According to a recent post by Dave Meltzer, WWE has reneged on plans to turn Bayley heel. Meltzer said, “Bayley was scheduled to turn. The MSG card had her teaming with Elias vs. Cena & Nikki right until the decision was made to hold up the turn. It wasn’t a red herring, it was a plan written for a turn by that date that they changed. It appeared Banks did the turn however. Plans like that change weekly. The Banks heel turn was scheduled well before the 2017 Mania at first. People who act like this stuff doesn’t change 100 times are mental because you have to ignore everything every wrestler tells you in every inside interview to believe that.”
- Post WreslteMania shows are advertising Asuka vs Nia Jax, according to PWMania. This could possibly be a champion vs champion match up, with Asuka holding the SmackDown Women’s Title and Nia Jax holding the Raw Women’s Championship.
- Cageside Seats is reporting that Asuka’s streak could last another year. It’s rumored WWE plans to keep Asuka undefeated until a match with Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania 35, according to WrestlingNews.Co. Fans have also noticed Asuka using the arm bar more frequently, which could signal a future battle of the arm bars with Rousey ending Asuka’s streak.
What do you think of these rumors? Which ones do you think are true? Which ones do you want to see? Sound off in the comments below.