This week, we’re asking this: What is your favorite finisher in women’s wrestling, past or present? We’ve read your responses on our social media pages and picked some of the best submissions to highlight here on the website. As always, you can join the debate by leaving your comments!
- @1luis8: Last Call (sunset flip powerbomb) by Melina because people always gets excited for this one!
- @BillKauff: Candice Le Rae‘s Ballsplex.
- Blaise O’Connor: Cheerleader Melissa‘s Kudo Driver.
- @danstalley12: Lita had a killer moonsault.
- @Gavin_J_Porter: Flying Firecrotch Guillotine from Christy Hemme!
- @HugoNicolasYann: Eve Torres‘s moonsault was pretty cool.
- John Finnie: Lita’s moonsault got me into watching wrestling when she was with Essa Rios, but I do love the Widows Peak. It’s devastating.
- Jordan Boyer: Without a doubt, the Widow’s Peak by Victoria. It literally shocked me the first time I saw it. It is such a WOW move and she did it to perfection!
- @JRonaldJenkins: You know what I was gonna say: The Emma-Lock! But a close runner up is Sara Del Rey‘s Royal Butterfly
- @Kammy_G: I’ve always been a fan of Brooke‘s Tess-Shocker.
- @KCD76: The Voodoo Drop by Roxxi is a favorite of mine.
- @LamarLWaters: The Widow’s Peak has been my fave women’s finisher since Victoria first performed it.
- Matthew Brown: Stratusfaction by Trish Stratus, Rampaige & PTO by Paige, Glam Slam by Beth Phoenix and Widow’s Peak by Victoria. All these moves are unique and they’re all memorable as well as devastating moves!
- Mauricio Cordova: I love the way how AJ Lee makes her opponents tap out to the Black Widow! One of the best finishers.
- Michael Earl Pam: Chick Kick and Stratusfaction by Trish Stratus!
- Nicholas Dombkowski: Santana Garrett‘s Shining Star Press!! It is truly an art to watch her perform that move since she is always right on the money.
- Richard Dix: The first time I saw Athena hit the O-Face was unreal. LuFisto‘s Burning Hammer is pretty crazy too.
- Russ Sommer: Melina’s Primal Scream and Sunset flip power bomb! Such a talent, i hope to see her back in the ring someday.
- Samuel C. Garner: Bank Statement. Two simple moves, a backstabber and a crossface, combined into one lethal finishing maneuver. One of the many reasons why Sasha Banks is my favorite Diva.
- Luna Zoey: Jillian Hall‘s High Note (450 Splash)
And now we turn it over to you…
Give us your two cents! What is your favorite finisher in women’s wrestling?