This week, we’re asking this: With the passing of Mae Young, we want to know your favorite moments from her life in wrestling. We’ve read your responses on our social media pages and picked some of the best submissions to highlight here on the website. As always, you can join the debate by leaving your comments!
- AJ Giacobbe: Everything from her run with The Fabulous Moolah during the Attitude Era.
- Angel Rose: I love when she was with her son, “the hand” who was all grown up. That was a hilarious segment that even the commentators couldn’t stop themselves from laughing. Mae Young always knew how to entertain the fans, from making them laugh all the way to her matches in the ring. Wrestling was not only in her heart. It was her heart.
- Ashley Matthew: Her being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. She deserved it. She truly was the most passionate and dedicated women’s wrestler in the business and it showed when she and others talked about her career that night she was inducted, especially when she mentioned that she wanted to still be wrestling when she was 100. Such a tough, strong woman and true champion at heart.
- Bobby James: When she SHOCKED the universe and threw the TV PG rating out the window on Old School Raw and demanded a match with “these sluts” (LayCool) then called them little “bitches!” Haha!!!
- @BranzTheMan: Definitely her getting power bombed off the stage onto two tables on concrete! Epic! She asked for that moment and it was amazing!
- @divasheaven_com: The Royal Rumble bikini contest. I thought she was insane.
- Francisco Mata: When she stripped at New Years Revolution 2006. It’s not the best of sights, but it definitely had all my family laughing and made a good moment I will never forget! R.I.P Mae <3
- @ghaddohasan: Mae Young vs. Fabulous Moolah in a WWE Women’s Championship match.
- Jon Vega: I’m not sure if you count it but when Vince McMahon and Triple H gave Mae the Divas Title cause without a doubt she’s a legend and inspiration for everyone. #foreverdivaschamp
- @numero0047: The shocking beat down she took from “Three Minute Warning” along with Moolah. Seriously, how many 80 year olds out there, let alone 80 year old women, would be so volunteering and eager in taking such heavy bumps! That segment alone sums up how much courage and passion both Mae and Moolah had for the business.
- @wwejoseperez: My favorite Mae Young moment is when she gave birth to a hand!
And now we turn it over to you…
Give us your two cents! What was your favorite Mae Young moment?