This week, in honor of Thanksgiving, we’re asking this: What in women’s wrestling are you most thankful for this year? We’ve read your responses on our social media pages and picked some of the best submissions to highlight here on the website. As always, you can join the debate by leaving your comments!
- Ashley Matthew: The newcomers who are working hard to strengthen the future of women’s wrestling.
- @BrieNikkiMode: Paige finally debuting on the main roster.
- Carlos Meza: The debut of Paige, Stephanie McMahon wrestling at SummerSlam, Nikki Bella turning heel and Havok‘s TNA debut.
- Christine Calvert: Paige’s debut when she won the Divas Title, Lita‘s Hall of Fame induction (that seems so long ago now!) the NXT Divas, Havok’s TNA debut and Stephanie’s return to the ring.
- @El3ctricF0rest: Whoever wrote the storyline for Stephanie vs. Brie Bella. That was just simply amazing. Seeing it unfold live was just as great.
- @FearlessBellas_: Nikki winning the Divas Championship.
- Ignacio Svetliza: Definitely Havok, Taryn Terrell and Gail Kim! They had amazing matches this year.
- Jim Baker: The success of the women’s division in NXT and the growth of all women’s shows/companies in the indies
- @LanoomAES: NXT. ‘Nuff said.
- Nicholas Dombkowski: I am thankful for the NXT Divas, Jessicka Havok and Santana/Brittany being signed to TNA and Lucha Underground.
- Randi Parker: Paige’s debut. WWE did a great job making her win but not having her be this unbeatable Diva that loses all her momentum as soon as she is pinned.
- Robert Onstott: Incredibly thankful we all got to witness Havok in TNA.
- @RyanBaxter123: Nikki Bella as new champion, WrestleMania Divas Title defense, two Diva matches at SummerSlam and other PPVs.
- @SirBrandonKnight: Paige, Natalya and the NXT Divas. They’ve made me passionate about women’s wrestling again for the first time in years.
- Wesley Stanton: AJ Lee! Absolutely the best of the best!
- Yasmin Walid: Quite a lot actually. AJ Lee vs Natalya on Main Event that sets record for the longest Divas match in history, only to be broken by Natalya vs. Charlotte on NXT TakeOver. The Paige vs. AJ feud, which is a dream come true. Oh, and AJ Lee pipebomb on the Bellas recently.
And now we turn it over to you…
Give us your two cents! What are you thankful for this year?