This week, we’re asking this: With the split of Brie and Nikki Bella, we want to know: what has been the greatest break up in women’s wrestling? We’ve read your responses on our social media pages and picked some of the best submissions to highlight here on the website. As always, you can join the debate by leaving your comments!
- @alex23contre: I have to say Kharma (Awesome Kong) and Raisha Saeed. That powerbomb out the ring was epic and it was a great match too.
- @AllEyesOnRyan: I’d have to say when the Governor switched to Daffney on Taylor Wilde.
- Ashley Matthew: Mickie James and Trish Stratus. Their feud was so intense, especially with Mickie’s psycho gimmick.
- @CloudMancio: Probably the Chickbusters (AJ Lee and Kaitlyn).
- @DevikiSkyP: Tara and Brooke Tessmacher! Such a memorable and personal feud!
- @El3ctricF0rest: To me it has to be Alicia Fox and Aksana‘s popcorn debacle.
- Eric Danforth: Goldust and Marlena for intergender. And Brooke and Tara had a good one.
- @lewdowd: LayCool, Layla being the one to retire Michelle McCool was the perfect ending.
- @LNRedmond1: The Funkadactyls. With Cameron ditching Naomi and their brawl, I feel like their feud could’ve been really good if it followed through.
- Matthew Brown: I’m going to say Lay-cool. Even though their feud was short, it was everything you could have wanted and it actually got people interested to see how their feud will play out. Plus their match at Extreme Rules was A+. Plus we got to see a different side to both Ladies which was really refreshing to see and they had such great chemistry together both as allies and enemies which not many Divas/Knockouts have.
- M-Kay Kelbert: Angelina Love and Velvet Sky. When Angelina left, Lacey Von Erich “replaced” Angelina and they trash talked her. Months later, she’s in the audience acting all friendly and POW! Post-match attack, leaves Velvet laying, and trash talks her.
- Nathan Grimshaw: Loved Beth Phoenix and Melina‘s feud which slowly turned Melina into a long awaited face.
- Randi Parker: I loved Lay-Cool’s. They didn’t rush it, it played out perfectly into a storyline. It was some parts funny, the couples counseling, and most parts serious. Their final match was great.
- Yuna Zoey: I have to say the Beautiful People (back when it was Velvet, Madison Rayne and Lacey), it was slowly being built up with Madison and Tara’s shady business. Absolutely loved the tension building between all three of them. My favorite moment had to be backstage when Velvet finally snapped and went for Madison with Lacey trying to play peacemaker. When they finally split with Velvet and Lacey turning Face, I was delighted because we got the original TBP Angelina Love and Velvet Sky back, despite the fact it was brief.
And now we turn it over to you…
Give us your two cents! What has been the greatest break up in women’s wrestling?