This week, we’re asking this: Should the WWE’s commentary team bring a woman on board? We’ve read your responses on our social media pages and picked some of the best submissions to highlight here on the website. As always, you can join the debate by leaving your comments!
* Charlie Flickinger: I’d love to say yes, but I just can’t. She would turn into the but of everyone’s jokes and would be ridiculed endlessly. I just don’t think I could stomach hearing a woman regularly go through what we get when we get a Diva guest announcer.
* Dave ‘Hoopy Frood’ Coulson: I’m not opposed to the idea (it couldn’t be worse than Mike Adamle, Michael Cole or Jerry Lawler are/were).
* Donnelle Nellez Johnson: That would be cool, but it doesn’t have to happen. They just need to commentate the women’s matches the way they do the men. Call the action instead of talking about how good they look, or promoting TV shows, Twitter, and apps the entire time.
* @_EricHolt_ Definitely YEAH! In fact, how about we have exclusive female commentators for the Diva matches/segments?
* Erik Martinez: Allison Danger would be a great comentor
* Francisco Mata: OMG yes! Renee Young should definitely join! Her sense of humor and charisma could definitely bring something new to the table.
* Jesus A. Santiago Feliciano: Yes it would be a refreshing take to see a woman’s point of view in commentary. I would have to be someone that’s passionate about the business.
* Jon Vega: Yes it would be a great to have a woman’s view on things and a huge plus is it will elevate a woman in the business. Just like what happened with Lilian Garcia.
* Josue Guzman: I just want someone who knows the ropes when it comes to wrestling. If WWE were to bring in a female commentator I’d nominate Madusa as first candidate.
* @KatieFJ07: on one hand it would be cool to see Renee Young on commentary, but I feel she’d never get a word in. She’d always get interrupted.
* Lyall Câmara: Yes! WWE should consider a female on commentary. AJ Lee was phenomenal for sure. A former WWE Diva such as Lita, Trish Stratus or Ivory would be great. They really know how to add spice and make it more alive.
* Magongoa Ignicious Motongoa: Na na na.. Not a former Diva. Bring in someone as vocal as Vickie Guerrero, a heel female commentator. It would be awesome. Why has WWE never thought of it before? WWE needs female commentators and female referees.
* Mickey Weister: I would like to see a former Diva take part like Lita.
* @nanagabynka: Yea, if this means that we’ll get more of an actual perspective on the Divas rather than goofy comments.
* Oliver James Mcgregor: There is only one current lady suitable for the job & that is Renee Young.
The only other woman I could think of would be someone like Stephanie McMahon as a heel commentator, she was gold on the announce team back in the Attitude era. If there was ever a woman to bring back from the past, it should be the 1st female ring announcer Mike “Michelle” McGuirk.
* @PocketVolcano: Yes! I loved it when Ivory did commentary duties with Michael Cole. A woman would bring fresh perspective.
* @robsvoice40: sure why not. It would be different. Japan & other countries have them. Why not the #1 company in the world?
And now we turn it over to you…
What are your two cents on the debate? Would you like to see the WWE add a female commentator?