Diva Dirt presents live coverage of SHINE 19, airing on iPPV.
The main event is a ten-woman elimination tag team match with no time limit, and sees the newly-expanded Valkyrie (Serena Deeb, April Hunter, Allysin Kay, Taylor Made and newest recruit Su Yung) go to war against SHINE Champion Ivelisse, SHINE Tag Team Champions Leva Bates and Mia Yim, Kay’s former best friend Jessicka Havok and Yung’s ex-partner Tracy Taylor.
SHINE 19 comes to us live from the Orpheum in Ybor City, Florida at 9pm ET (2am GMT). To order the event, click here.
Full results below:
- Solo Darling defeated Luscious Latasha. This was a fun match to open things, both women matching each other move for move early on, resulting in a stand-off. Following being taken to the outside, Solo gets some aid from Daffney in the form of a sugary drink, which galvanises her, allowing her to get the win, rolling Latasha up with an O’Connor Roll.
- Nevaeh defeated Justine Silver. This was another good match, with Justine looking good in the ring, if a little rough around the edges, against her experienced opponent. In the end, however, Nevaeh picked up the victory with a Death Valley Driver.
- Leah Von Dutch defeated Taeler Hendrix. Von Dutch is still playing up to her self-styled “Dino hunter” character. It was an entertaining match, with Von Dutch keeping Hendrix grounded for large portions and both women striking aggressively, before the finish came in chaotic fashion, resulting in Von Dutch whacking Hendrix with a wooden clog to make the three-count.
- Out come Noemi Bosques and Carmin. Bosques talks about her upcoming fight. I don’t know who either of these people are.
- La Rosa Negra defeated Niya Barela. The best match of the night so far, these two went straight for each other’s throats from the start. Niya was a great heel, constantly using the ring ropes for leverage on her pin attempts. The finish came when Bosques pulled Niya’s leg off the ropes and La Rosa Negra capitalised with a backslide.
After the match, Bosques socked Niya with a right hand and Niya fell to the floor like a brick, needing to be carried to the back.
- Amazing Kong defeated Athena. This was pretty much as good as you’d expect a match between these two to be, Athena going all over the place only for Kong to stop her in her tracks, picking up the win with a powerbomb after Athena countered the Implant Buster.
- Valkyrie (Serena Deeb, Allysin Kay, Taylor Made, April Hunter and Su Yung) defeated Ivelisse, Mia Yim, Leva Bates, Jessicka Havok and Tracy Taylor. My stream froze a few times in this match so I didn’t catch everything, but what I saw was very good. Leva was eliminated first by a Seven Deadlies from Made in Sin. Following that, Su Yung would refuse to fight former partner Tracy Taylor, but then in a sudden fit of rage would lock in Yellow Fever. Taylor refused to tap, but eventually passed out. Later on, Mia Yim would eliminate Yung with a package piledriver. When Ivelisse and Serena finally went one-on-one, they really tore it up all around the ring, with Serena pulling off a shock elimination as she rolled up Ivelisse for a 3-count. The match appeared to end with Deeb pinning Mia Yim.
That’s all for tonight! Stay tuned tomorrow for a full review!