A women’s tag team match is set for AEW Dynamite for the Sept. 14 episode.
The match was originally planned to be Hikaru Shida teaming with the Interim AEW Women’s Champion Toni Storm to face Serena Deeb and Dr. Britt Baker. Now, thanks to Baker taking out Shida on AEW Dark in her locker room, a replacement had to be made. Athena was selected to now be Storm’s partner. Baker stated that if she can’t have her choice of a tag team partner, Jamie Hayter, then Storm can’t have the partner she wanted either.
Results from the Sept. 13 AEW Dark are –
- Penelope Ford def. Alice Crowley
- Skye Blue & Queen Aminata def. Emi Sakura & Diamante
Results from the Sept. 12 AEW Dark:Elevation are –
- Athena defeated Emi Sakura
- Hikaru Shida defeated Christina Marie
- Nyla Rose & Marina Shafir (w/ Vickie Guerrero) defeated JC Storm &. Joelle Clift
- Julia Hart defeated Tiara James
Check back in with Diva Dirt for more news and results from the women of AEW.