This week’s WWE.com Diva Dish mentioned Candice Michelle‘s newest tattoo, and this little bit inspired me to investigate which former and current Divas and Knockouts have their own selection of body art. Thus, a blog post was born! Below I’ve listed those I could find:
TNA’s Angelina Love has four tattoos, all pointing towards an angel fixation. She has:
• an angel on her hip
• her former ring name “Angel” scripted on her arm in Old English style lettering
• an angel on the back of her left shoulder
• the Chinese symbol for “angel” on her lower back, surrounded by a set of wings.
Why so angel-obsessed, Angelina?
“I have always had a fascination with angels. I love how they look, I love their innocence, and I love what they represent.”
Former WWE Diva Ashley has plenty of ink:
• a butterfly on her hip
• two black-and-pink nautical stars above the elbows on the back of her arms (her brother has a matching pair on his arms)
• Chinese lettering down the small of her back
• more Chinese lettering down each side of her torso, reading “Trust No One”
• an illustration of a dragon wrapped around the lettering on the left side of her torso.
Candice‘s tattoos are rather new, and have a lot to do with her most recent injury. She has:
• the word “Faith” inscribed on her left wrist
• a set of shooting stars down her back.
“You go through such an emotional journey. I wanted to symbolize that journey and me coming out of that journey, so I got the shooting stars up my spine. The reason I got them on my spine is because I really feel, in my heart, Iâ€™ve come to place where my stars are aligned with love and gratitude.”
It looks like the Knockouts fancy themselves some tattoos. Christy Hemme, like Angelina, has several:
• an eagle on her left wrist
• a heart on her right wrist
• a heart with the same loop triangle in the middle on her left shoulder.
• a star with a heart in the middle on the back of her neck
• a linking design running down her right side
• matching loop triangles on the outsides of both wrists
• a design on her inner left ankle
• a small heart on her lower back
• a design down the back of her right forearm
Clearly, finding all of these tattoos is like going on a scavenger hunt, so we don’t have photo documentation of them all.
Compared to others, Jackie Moore‘s tattoos may be a bit more conventional. Perhaps she could find a part-time job as a florist?:
• a rose on her right breast
• a flower arrangement on her left bicep
• a rose on her upper thigh
The elusive thigh tattoo cannot be found, even by the most educated and practiced scientists (AKA me).
Layla has a single tattoo, and a simple one at that:
• a star on her lower back
She may (or may not) get another tattoo in the future, and has an idea in mind in case the mood strikes her:
“I donâ€™t think thereâ€™ll be anymore, but if I do anything, Iâ€™ll get the â€˜Lâ€™ inside of the star, because I love my name. Everything is â€˜L, L, L.â€™ I just love it.”
Lita has one of the most famous tattoos in wrestling, but do you know of her other ones?:
• a three-eyed green demon on her right shoulder
• the word “rebel” written in Russian on the back of her neck
• the word “punk” written on the inside of her bottom lip
• several skulls down her left arm
Lita got her first tattoo – the “rebel” on the back of her neck – the very first day she was able to get one – the day she turned 18. Her shoulder tattoo was a souvenir of sorts during a stop on a trip in Amsterdam.
Mickie James has tattoos that you’d never see during one of her matches, unless she starts wrestling barefoot:
• the Chinese symbol for “love” on her left ankle
• a dragon wrapped around the “love” symbol on the same ankle
Mickie explains the meaning of the combination of her two tattoos:
“My dragon protects my â€˜Loveâ€™ tattoo which represents my heart,” she said. “My â€˜Loveâ€™ tattoo I got in Panama City Beach; it was sort of done on a whim but I got it with another WWE Superstar.”
Former TNA Knockout Salinas has numerous tattoos, a few of which show that she may be a slave to symmetry:
• a design on each wrist
• a design on each ankle
• a sacred heart with a pair of dice below her navel
• a 1940’s Alberto Vargas pin up girl on her lower back
• a set of cards surrounded by flames and hearts that reads “Queen Of Hearts” on her upper right arm
• a Mexican style female skull with the word “Punkin” under it between her shoulder blades
Salinas’ “Punkin” tattoo is a tribute to her sister, who calls Salinas “Punkin” as a nickname.
Velvet Sky, like her Beautiful People teammate Angelina Love, has several tattoos:
• a tribal band on her left bicep
• a small rose with dead plants on her lower back
• a rose on her the back of her right shoulder
You may not even be aware of this one! Victoria has a barely visible tattoo:
• a small heart on the outside of her right ankle
So, whose tattoo do you like best? Who has the most cliche ink, and who is the most creative? Vote in the poll below and sound off in the comments!