STARDOM hosted its latest event, Hiroshima Goddess Festival on Nov. 3. At that event, Mayu Iwatani who held the SWA World Championship for 182-days, decided to relinquish the championship making it vacated. Her reasoning is to focus on the upcoming IWGP Women’s Championship which will decide its inaugural champion on Nov. 20. That match will have Iwatani taking on KAIRI.
Prior to vacating the SWA gold, Iwatani defeated Alpha Female at today’s event. Also at Hiroshima Goddess Festival, Syuri retained her World of Stardom Championship in the main event against Maika and her next challenger is confirmed. Syuri will defend her championship on Nov. 19 at Gold Rush against Utami Hayashishita who came out after the match to declare herself as the next challenger. Hayashishita is who Syuri defeated to become the World of Stardom Champion over 300 days ago.
The full results from the Hiroshima Goddess Festival are –
- AZM defeated Miyu Amasaki, Lady C, Waka Tsukiyama, and Saya Iida
- FWC (Hazuki & Koguma) defeated Oedo Tai (Saki Kashima & Ruaka)
- Himeka defeated Yuna Mizumori
- Utami Hayshishita defeated Natsuko Tora
- God’s Eye (Ami Sourei, Mirai & Konami) vs. Donna Del Mondo (Giulia, Thekla & Mai Sakurai) ended in a time-limit draw
- Mayu Iwatani (c) defeated Alpha Female – SWA World Championship
- meltear (Tam Nakano & Natsupoi) (c) defeated Black Desire (Starlight Kid & Momo Watanabe) – Goddess of Stardom Championships
- Saya Kamitani (c) defeated Mina Shirakawa – Wonder of Stardom Championship
- Syuri (c) defeated Maika – World of Stardom Championship
Check back in with Diva Dirt for more STARDOM news and results and to find out who becomes the inaugural IWGP Women’s Champion.