The annual WWE Draft may be coming as early as next month and directly after Clash at the Castle according to a new report from Fightful Select. The last draft took place last October and that is the month it has been occurring since 2019.
The report on Fightful Select states the following –
With WWE’s new regime, a lot of roster movement has already been made, and talent believe there could be more on the way. There are several Raw stars scheduled for the first Smackdown following Clash at the Castle on September 9. On the other side of things, Smackdown talent are scheduled for Raw episodes internally for the September 4 and 11 dates. This has led talent to speculate internally that the WWE Draft will be shortly following the Clash at the Castle PPV. Talent have not had this confirmed to them yet, but there have been other things they have said to lead them to believe to the case.
We’re told that writers have noted that repackages are also more likely following this date as opposed to the immediate future. For some of the talent that are wildly speculated to get repackaged (which haven’t been confirmed) Max Dupri is scheduled for tonight’s WWE Smackdown, and T-Bar appeared on this week’s Main Event.
Thus far, the talent we’ve heard from haven’t been informed explicitly about a draft, much less what brand they’ll end up on if and when it happens.
Last year’s draft saw a controversial change of titles as then-SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch was traded to Raw while then-Raw Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair was traded to SmackDown. Other names as part of the draft last year were Aliyah and Xia Li to SmackDown and also B-Fab of Hit Row who was released along with the entire stable shortly after.
Who would you like to see change brands this year? Discuss in the comments below.