Your Two Cents is our interactive feature where we ask for the opinions of our Twitter and Facebook followers.
This week, we’re asking this: With rumors swirling that Mickie James has left TNA, but we want to know: what should TNA do to turn things around with the Knockouts? We’ve read your responses on our social media pages and picked some of the best submissions to highlight here on the website. As always, you can join the debate by leaving your comments!
* Ashley Matthew: Right now the only thing they really can do is use the girls they have left more and call up Hannah and Holly Blossom and Lei’D Tapa until they can afford to hire people again, should that opportunity ever occur again for the company, which seems to be in a financial crisis right now.
* @ClydeEDawkins: SIGN MORE KNOCKOUTS! TNA should sign some of the girls who worked Knockouts Knockdown, like Serena or Ivelisse!
* @_EricHolt_: Simple: Dixie Carter needs to take control of HER company instead of allowing others to control every aspect of HER company. TNA belongs to Dixie, and if there are people there that are influencing her to not care about the Knockouts Division, then she needs to fire those people. Also, instead of her blaming the recent Knockout firings on the talent itself (like Chris said), she needs to be honest and admit that the reason why is because of their financial situation. From there, she needs to get TNA’s financial situation together so that she can be able to afford bringing in new girls to add to the Knockouts division, including girls that won’t cost so much and girls that have been waiting years to be a part of a televised wrestling company like TNA or WWE for years while working in the indies.
* @Jaffney_Quinn: Gail Kim keeps telling us to be patient, so even though I’d love for a new girls to come in now, I’m going to trust her word.
* Julian Blackshire: They need to stop the hemorrhaging first, before they can worry about the Knockout division. You must look at the bigger picture.
* Martin Bentley: Call up The Blossom Twins, and source the indies for younger talent who need the experience more than they need the money. No marquee high price names like Mickie, or big indie names until finances improve.
* @miss_chrissi7: Bring up Lei’d Tapa & The Blossoms & hire Mia Yim & Serena from the Knockouts Knockdown PPV.
* Nikolas Dombkowski: I think TNA needs to bring in some fresh faces with diverse wrestling abilities and looks. Personally that’s what TNA so great for me when I first started watching. All the girls were so unique.
* @NoSoUpForHeart: Bring more Knockouts! Or else people will get tired of seeing the same thing over and over with the ones remaining.
* Paul McLoughlin: They need to get rid of dead weight (Hulk Hogan & Eric Bischoff), call up the Blossom Twins & Tapa. Hire Ivelessie, Serena, Jillian Hall, Melina & Reby Sky. They should try and re-hire Madison Rayne & Cheerleader Melissa/Raisha Saeed.
* Randi Parker: Move to one location, they are wasting too much money traveling, they weren’t ready to go on the road, use the money they save and hire more talent or get fired ones back!
* Stephen Ford: Getting back to a home base would be great for this division especially if the home base is located in Florida. If they do it, there is a great company known as SHINW Wrestling that is full of great talent, some even from TNA and some featured on the Knockouts Knockdown PPV event.. What TNA needs to do is get a working deal done with SHINE to use some of their women like Santana Garrett, Leva Bates, Mia Yim, Jessica Havok… This would also get former Knockouts such as Taeler Hendrix, Awesome Kong, Ivelisse, and Angelina Love back in an Impact Ring… It would be a great cross promotion deal for both companies as TNA could announce that the women are from SHINE Wrestling, while Shine could announce “You can see Santana live Thursday nights on Impact Wrestling” For this to work, TNA needs to remove that clause in the contracts that their wrestlers cannot be filmed for an independent company event…
This to me seems like it would be a right step in working to rebuild what was the most talked about and praised division in TNA… Plus with an increased number you can bring back those all but forgotten Knockouts Tag Team Titles and actually let those have a purpose again, and see about getting some other releases back like Tara to get at least one more veteran knockout in there…
And now we turn it over to you…
What are your two cents on the debate? What should TNA do to turn things around?