GLOW Season 2 premiered on Netflix on June 29 to critical acclaim. Now the series is receiving numerous nominations for its original concept.
The nominees for the 70th Emmy Awards were revealed this morning and GLOW is receiving 10 nominations that include:
- Outstanding Comedy Series
- Outstanding Directing- Pilot
- Outstanding Supporting Actress – Betty Gilpin
- Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Program (Half-Hour or Less) – Season 1, Episode 4 – The Dusty Spur
- Outstanding Casting for a Comedy Series
- Outstanding Hairstyling for a Single Camera Series – Pilot
- Outstanding Makeup for a Single Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic) – Season 1, Episode 10 – Money’s in the Chase
- Outstanding Cinematography for a Single Camera Series (Half-Hour or Less) – Pilot
- Outstanding Main Title Design
- Outstanding Stunt Coordinator for a Comedy Series or Variety Program
In addition to the Emmy nods the series has received numerous other award nominations. This includes:
- 2018 Writers Guild of America: New Series and Comedy Series
- 2018 Screen Actors Guild: Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor In a Comedy Series – Alison Brie, Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor In A Comedy Series –Marc Maron, Outstanding Action Performance by a Stunt Ensemble In A Comedy Or Drama Series, and Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble In a Comedy Series
- 2018 Critics Choice: Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series – Marc Maron, Best Comedy Series, Best Actress in a Comedy Series – Alison Brie, and Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series – Betty Gilpin
- 2018 Golden Globes: Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series (Musical or Comedy) – Alison Brie
Though Season 3 hasn’t been announced yet, GLOW is proving to have a loyal fanbase. Neilsen reports “GLOW” had the highest concentration of viewers in the 18-49 demographic of any original streaming content it has analyzed to date despite only raking in 1.33 million viewers during its premiere weekend.
However, Neilsen’s numbers are only estimates and don’t take into account individuals who watch via mobile devices and computers so the numbers are sure to skew much higher.
GLOW Seasons 1 and 2 are now streaming on Netflix.
What do you think of this news? How have you enjoyed the series so far? Sound off in the comments below.