This week, we’re asking this: Brie and Nikki Bella have told WWE Magazine that they’re pushing for Divas Tag Team Titles. Should the WWE have them? We’ve read your responses on our social media pages and picked some of the best submissions to highlight here on the website. As always, you can join the debate by leaving your comments!
- @AJLEEUKWidows: No, there’s not enough Divas tag teams to contend for it so it would be useless & the title would retire as soon as it’s brought in.
- Andrew C. Kunzeman: Absolutely! There are enough Divas on the main roster to make it a legitimate title. It could be also defended in NXT to give developmental Divas a possible springboard to main roster. AJ Lee/Tamina Snuka, Cameron/Naomi, Aksana/Rosa Mendes and the Bellas currently. Bring back LayCool and DOD as well as bring in TBP (Angelina Love/Velvet Sky). There’s a good crop of Divas Tag Teams.
- Ashley Matthew: Yes. It would be a good reason for them to hire more female independent wrestlers and bring up the NXT girls to the main roster so they have enough Divas to form tag teams and challenge for the titles.
- David Foster: Keep the Divas Title story on Raw, Tag Titles on Smackdown. With all these girls on NXT and the staleness of their division, storylines could move faster and girls would have something to do.
- Greg Demeule: No, not too many Divas to form tag teams right now. The singles division is struggling to find a strong face to go against AJ. Bringing in another Divas Title would make the one they have less special. It would be just one more thing that creatively they could not handle.
- @Jaffney_Quinn: They should have done it a long time ago and retired the singles belt, with all the tag matches we’ve had over the past six years. But now there are too few Divas, and most lack true character development (not charisma) for it to work.
- Jordan Boyer: No way! It will end up like the TNA Knockouts Tag Titles. There simply aren’t enough female tag teams in the WWE and they’ll end up putting together random teams that just don’t work together (Awesome Kong & Hamada).
- @lewisschofield: If we get to see more of the Divas showcasing what they can do then I’m all for it. But it’d be Bellas vs. Funkadactyls forever.
- Megan Travis: Only if WWE will truly commit to it and hire more indy women so they can just be ready to stick on the roster as part of that division. I say that would be a good reason to have Divas on separate brands. Have the Divas competing for the Divas Title on one show and then the tag teams on the separate.
- @NotSoUpForHeart: Given the small number of Divas right now, DTTT is off the table and I don’t believe WWE would take time for this.
- @numero0047: On paper, it’s sounds like a good idea. After all more gold equals more opportunities and with the numerous Divas Tag Teams formed, the number of Divas in the current division and the multiple Divas Tag Matches within the last 18 months or so, it should be no surprise the idea for Divas Tag Team Titles is being brought up. However, it still just wouldn’t work. WWE can barely work getting behind with the one Divas Title that is active. How would they be able to manage with a creative Divas Tag Team Division? In addition, history has shown that when it comes to Women’s Tag Team Titles on the main stream of wrestling, they are short lived (WWF Women’s Tag Team Titles) or eventually become irrelevant (TNA Knockouts Tag Team Titles).
- @Oliver_James611: It would create fantastic opportunities for the Divas division, especially with all the girls down at NXT waiting to be called up.
- @PenaFdez: Does anyone remember TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championship? My answer is no, WWE needs to push the female division even more.
- @rhodes_ziggler: Yeah, it would be better to see the Divas as tag teams rather than Total Divas and non-Total Divas or singles.
- Stevie Wondaa: No way! There aren’t enough Divas to even go for the singles title.. at least none capable enough. WWE needs to utilize their Divas to their full potential. Even TNA retired their Knockouts Tag Team Titles. The Divas couldn’t hold it down.
And now we turn it over to you…
Give us your two cents! Should there be Divas Tag Team Titles?