Your Two Cents is our interactive feature where we ask for the opinions of our Twitter and Facebook followers.
This week, we’re asking this: AJ Lee is 45 days away from breaking Maryse‘s record for longest reigning Divas Champion. Should she? Will she? We’ve read your responses on our social media pages and picked some of the best submissions to highlight here on the website. As always, you can join the debate by leaving your comments!
* Armando Munguia: No AJ should not beat Maryse’s record. Maryse’s defended her title way more than AJ has and Maryse’s fought like a champion, she faced champions ultimately losing to the 5-time WWE Women’s Champion Mickie James.
* Ashley Matthew: I think some fans are hoping for a title change, feeling that it is long overdue but I can understand why WWE wants AJ to be the Divas Champion this long. As of right now, I think making her the longest reigning Divas Champion is a good idea since it would give them more time to build up a decent feud between her and another Diva, who will eventually take the title away from her.
* @AWESOMENICK7: I think AJ’s time as a champion is coming to a close at TLC and that Maryse will reign supreme! :)
* Das Cool Santos: I’m ok with her breaking it as long as WWE builds her up. She’s been loosing way too many matches, She can’t survive on mic work alone.
* @FanOfLifeAndYou: YES YES YES Daniel Bryan style! AJ is the face of the WWE right now.
* @JosephAMT: I think she will, I don’t really want her to as I have a sentimental attachment to Maryse & hope 1 day she still might return.
* Joshua Mcdonald: I think she should simply because Maryse while being a great character was a horrible wrestler. I simply don’t think she deserves to hold any record.
* Megan Travis: Honestly I would be perfectly okay with AJ beating the record. Maryse’s big reign tends to be overrated anyway since she was not only hurt for a month of it but never had any sort of good matches while she had it. Her one big feud with Mickie had a crap culmination match. AJ’s booking has suffered post HIAC but she’s had good title defenses, has a crowd connection, cut the most talked about diva promo in recent memory, was part of the first ever divas contract signing segment and has two long running feuds (Kaitlyn and the Total Divas cast). WWE just needs to fix up her booking for non-title situations and have her feud with Natalya continue and reach deep meaning and continuing on with the reign would be good.
* @MelaniePrice01: I adore Maryse but if someone is going to take that record, AJ should be the 1 to do it, time to elevate some new stars.
* Randi Parker: If WWE doesn’t take the title off of her at TLC, which I don’t see happening, I see her holding the title till Mania, and breaking Maryse’s record. As a huge fan of hers, I would love if she did, no matter what happens in the future, she’ll always have her name in WWE history!
* Raphael Lamounier: She deserves to be the longest reigning Divas Champion. In a roster where the Divas are so underestimated she’s the only one who really stands for herself! I like Nattie, but honestly I don’t think that AJ should lose her title to a “Total Diva”.
* Samuel C. Garner: I believe she most definitely should and will break the record. The way she’s been losing lately, I highly doubt she’ll lose at TLC. That would practically bury her, and I don’t see WWE doing that to their top diva, especially when she’s this close to breaking the record.
* @WWEJosePerez: No, I have faith that Natalya would take the title from A.J before she over passes Maryse’s Reign.
And now we turn it over to you…
What are your two cents on the debate? Will AJ break Maryse’s record?