The WWE Ruthless Aggression series is back for a second season and in this season, an episode titled ‘The First Revolution’ is now airing.
In episode three of the second season, the women of the Ruthless Aggression Era speak on their time during WWE. A list of who speaks throughout the episode includes Trish Stratus, Lita, Ivory, Torrie Wilson, Molly Holly, Victoria, Melina, Stephanie McMahon, Michelle McCool, and Mickie James.
The episode focuses on a time when the women weren’t utilized to work matches to their true potentials. They were seen very much as an afterthought and the purpose wasn’t for them to get into the ring and do what the men were doing. The women of the Ruthless Aggression area paved the way and broke glass ceilings. With WWF (at the time) purchasing WCW, this created even more setbacks and TV time for the women as there was more talent coming into the company. This is where Fit Finlay came into the picture.
Finlay is known for his training of the Divas at the time and even sneaking in wrestling moves into matches. He speaks on the numerous phone calls he would get telling him to tone down what the Divas were doing. He would then back off for a few weeks and then continue. The famous saying of, “do now and apologize later” was the mentality many of the women in this era had in order to perform at the level that they did.
Topics of the episode include the following –
- Victoria vs. Trish Stratus Survivor Series 2002 Hardcore Match
- Torrie Wilson’s time with the company
- Molly Holly vs. Victoria Hair vs. Title Match – WrestleMania 20
- Interviews from Molly Holly, Victoria, Trish Stratus, Ivory, Torrie Wilson, Mickie James, and Lita
- Trish Stratus turning on Chris Jericho for Christian – WrestleMania 20
- The Diva Search start
- Dodgeball match SummerSlam 2004
- Trish Stratus and Lita main event RAW – 2004
- Mickie James introduction in 2005 – WrestleMania 22 match with Trish Stratus
- Trish Stratus and Lita’s retirement matches – 2006
- Fresh faces that came past the Ruthless Aggression era – Layla, Maryse, Maria, Eve Torres, The Bella Twins, Michelle McCool
- LayCool as a team
- Moments that have come in recent years – Women’s Royal Rumble, Evolution PPV, Charlotte/Ronda/Becky WrestleMania Main Event, Sasha/Bianca WrestleMania Main Event
What are some of your favorite moments of the Ruthless Aggression era? Join the discussion below.