[media-credit name=”Photo: Chirantha.DeviantArt.com” align=”aligncenter” width=”620″][/media-credit]
This week, we’re asking this: What do you want to see happen as a result of #GiveDivasAChance? We’ve read your responses on our social media pages and picked some of the best submissions to highlight here on the website. As always, you can join the debate by leaving your comments!
- @adam4wwe: A consistent build up to a Wrestlemania Divas Championship match. Possibly between Paige, AJ Lee, Brie and Nikki Bella.
- Ashley Matthew: In addition to longer matches, well-written storylines that actually make sense and more mic time for the Divas, I want to see Divas who haven’t had the title yet like Summer Rae, Naomi and Emma get more title shots and even at some point, actual Divas Championship reigns. I also would like to see them bring back the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships.
- Calhounnah Heather Bain: “Divas” being referred to as women, possibly changing the belt from a butterfly to something more sophisticated and longer matches – maybe even two during Raw and PPVs.
- Cyndi Beam: Divas Tag Titles for starters. And I never want to see a 2 1/2 minute match again. “short matches” for the guys are about 4 minutes. The rare, occasional very short match that tells a story in and of itself is acceptable, but there should never be a 30 second match that leaves the audience going “What just happened?” Even if they just get more time on Superstars, that’s better than nada. We don’t need half of that show to be recaps. If we’re watching SS on the network, we’ve already seen Raw & Smackdown because only real fans track down the smaller shows. Perhaps even do a ‘divas only’ hour long show on the Network each week, or at least monthly.
- Daniel Dickerson: Longer matches and way better feuds like back in the Trish Stratus and Lita days.
- @DivasHeaven_com: I want to see the Divas get a chance to shine with longer matches and respect from the commentators.
- Eric Sturrock: Storylines! Good wrestling! Gimmick Matches! Let the girls tell awesome stories outside and inside the ring. Don’t let the girls just do regular matches, let them do everything from Bra & Panties matches to Steel Cage matches! No limitations, no being held back! Let them be free!
- @hunty_lush23: I wanna see Divas taking more risk in matches like a Street Fight match or Cage match.
- Israel Espinoza: Honestly what I’d love to see is QUALITY – quality storylines, quality matches (remove the moveset restrictions and horrendous time constraints) and quality characterization (no more interchangeable faces/heels). These girls put their bodies on the line, they’re required to hit the gym to stay in phenomenal shape, sacrifice time away from their family, and grin and bear it when they get injured just for our entertainment- and then they come back when they’re healed and do it all over again, just like the boys do – so give them the quality exposure and effort that they deserve.
- @Jesse_Robles: Freedom to perform at full potential and matches of at least 5-10 minutes. Promos, segments, video packages, MEANINGFUL stories.
- @katrinasinfamy (Katie Lea/Winter: More Alicia Fox..!! That would be a great start.
- Malena Neveen: Ending racism and sexism in the company.
- Nicholas Dombkowski: It should be interesting especially since it has gotten so much media attention. I feel if they don’t do anything the WWE will be heavily scrutinized. I would love for the pointless recaps to disappear and give the divas that time. They spend I don’t know how much time recapping the boring segments that happen at the beginning of the show. Non diva fans are not invested in the divas because they are not given time to perform and develop character/storylines like the men are. I think if they put the same amount of effort into the divas storylines as they do the Main event stars they would see that people are interested.
- Randi Parker: Equal treatment, that’s it. The Divas are good, for once we have a very talented whole diva roster, almost everyone can hold their own in the ring. And all of them want to show what they can do, and you can’t show a damn thing in 30 seconds. I doubt WWE will ever see the Divas as equals to the men in WWE, but let them have maybe a quarter of the show, more than one feud at a time, maybe even bring back the women’s championship or maybe make a tag team title for the girls. Let them participate in cage matches, ladder matches, and in other gimmick matches. Also produce more Divas merch, every Diva has a fanbase, you are going to make money.
- Raphael Lamounier: First of all, WWE needs to make their Divas relevant to the audience! Giving them good storylines and longer matches is just the beginning and we know what they can do with a good amount of time! After that, maybe the company should try to give some different kinds of stipulation to see how the ladies would react to that. Submission matches, Extreme Makeover matches, No DQ and No Holds Barred can be good options. In the end, I wish they give the female roster a Divas Tag Team Championship, since there are so many Divas who never become Divas Champion! These girls worked so hard to be in the Main Roster and I know they can present awesome matches like the old Divas if WWE take them seriously! Fingers crossed!
- @RobynOnikaEfron: I want Divas to be taken more seriously instead of being seen as a joke or waste of time!
And now we turn it over to you…
Give us your two cents! What do you want from the #GiveDivasAChance movement?