[media-credit name=”WWE” align=”alignnone” width=”620″][/media-credit]
WWE is firing back at Paige after she posted a series of tweets indicating that she feels she has been treated unfairly by WWE for being suspended for her second Wellness Policy violation.
In a recent NY Post article, WWE had this to say about Paige’s accusations:
“Saraya-Jade Bevis tested positive for an illegal substance, not a prescription drug,” WWE’s statement to The Post read. “In addition, WWE is providing world-class medical care for her in-ring injury.”
The comments are also coming after Paige’s family posted a series of Facebook updates defending her stance:
Paige’s beau, Alberto Del Rio also came to her defense on Taz’s podcast yesterday:
“Everybody knows. The fans, they know who we are, the fans know who they [WWE] are. All I can say is this is BS. It’s just complete BS. She didn’t deserve that but we’re working on fixing it and just like she said yesterday, same crap, different day. And that’s never gonna change.”
Before her second policy violation came to light on Monday, last month she announced that she would be taking some time off to undergo neck surgery to repair a previous injury that sidelined Paige sometime in June.
Prior the announcement addressing her future, she was suspended for her first violation of the wellness policy in August after rumors swirled about said injury. Meanwhile, more rumors surfaced regarding Paige being possibly harassed by WWE about her relationship with former WWE star Alberto Del Rio.
Before all of this news however, the 24 year-old Norwich born performer has had a phenomenal career in WWE. Some of her highlights include holding a 2-0 record at both Wrestlemania and SummerSlam, winning the Divas title on her debut and being the first ever (and longest reigning) NXT Women’s champion.
What do you think about this news? Sound off in the comments below.